We love our kids. Even if you were nanny or had extremely younger siblings, nothing can mentally prepare for the time suck that is parenting. Sure, it’s the most rewarding thing ever, but that doesn’t mean that we don’t crave “me-time” like, say, in the bathroom, for instance. While being behind a closed door alone is an impossibility in most households with young kids, one of the things that Lil’ Jammerz does that’s so special is give parents a break while they’re in the same room. And since Lil’ Jammerz is helping expand their young minds through the power of music, and contributing to their motor-skill development, it’s a guilt-free mini-break! Here’s our favorite places to start jamming out.
- Grocery Stores – Never mind watching a bunch of items go through the checkout that you swear you didn’t put in the cart. It’s also nice being able to price-compare and take our time picking out what we want. A rushed, chaotic trip to the supermarket can land you back home realizing you forgot the milk…and we all know that going to the supermarket twice in a day is an unknowable fear.
- Car Rides – I don’t know about you, but singing in the car is one of life’s most precious pleasures. Whether you’re belting out Total Eclipse of the Heart or getting Nostalgic to brain-boosting classical tunes, it’s so nice to have Mazzy, Jo Jo and Joon Bug entertaining your child while you bond over your favorite song.
- During Chore Time – Not only does music make chores bearable, but it also is a great way to keep baby entertained while you do the floors, make the bed…you know all those things you used to seem to get done on a regular basis. It’s Risky Business time! Everyone in their socks and underwear jammin’ to their favorite songs. And don’t forget to sing along! Your baby knows your voice and their first words will be modeled after you. Singing your heart out is actually helping your child develop their eventual speech.
- In the Park – Hanging Lil’ Jammerz off your baby’s seat outside is a great way for them to interact in the fresh air. After stumbling around the sandbox, you can do an outdoor naptime with soft and soothing tunes for you and your child to relax to. Summer’s almost gone so soak it up while you can!
- At your Desk – Even if you don’t work at home, we all need to take care of business on the internet pretty frequently. Whether you’re responding to emails, booking flights, or Facetiming with colleagues,, you need a moment to catch your breath and concentrate. Lil’ Jammerz is the proactive, enlightened-parents answer to “parking your kid in front of the TV.” Distraction through music can be mind enhancing and inspire young people to pursue creative fields and be more analytical. Talk about a win-win.